You must create a sales tracking program named SalesTracking.java. This program will use arrays to store and process monthly sales as well as compute average yearly sales, total sales for the year, and which month had the highest sales and which month had the lowest sales. You should use parallel arrays. Your first array (monthArray) should be initialized with all of the months. This array should have 12 locations of course. Your other array should be named monthlySales. Like your monthArray, this array should be 12 locations that store the amount of sales for each month.
The program should prompt the user for the sales for each month starting with January. The arrays (monthlySales and monthArray) should be created in main and passed to the methods as needed. Your program should have methods that do the following.
- getSales(monthArray, monthlySales): This method receives the monthArray and monthlySales arrays as arguments. It prompts the users for the sale for each month. This amount should be stored and returned into the corresponding location in the monthlySales array. For example, January sales should be stored in the first location, February sales should be stored in the second location, and so forth.
- computeTotalSales(monthlySales): This method receives the monthly sales array as an argument and returns the total sales of the year.
- computeAverageSales(monthlySales): This method receives the monthly sales array as an argument and returns the average sales for the year.
- computeHighestMonth(monthlySales): This method receives the monthly sales array as an argument. This method will search and compare the values of the monthly sales array for the highest value. The method will return the index(or location in the array) of the month with the highest value.
- computeLowestMonth(monthlySales): This method receives the monthly sales array as an argument. This method will search and compare the values of the monthly sales array for the lowest value. The method will return the index (or location in the array) of the month with the lowest value.
- displaySaleInfo(totalSales, averageSales, highestMonth, highestSales, lowestMonth, lowestSales): This method will receive the total yearly sales, average monthly sale, the month with the highest sales, as well as the sales for that month and the month with the lowest sales. This method will display all of the data it received as arguments.
- All methods should be STATIC therefore no object will need to be instantiated to call them. All methods must be called from the main method. Sales amounts should be rounded to two decimal places. .
Your monthArray should have the following values.
You should demonstrate the use of loop and decision structures also. Use the lab forum to ask questions about this lab.
|Standard header included
and Lab Report
Must contain program’s name, student name, and description of the program
|Lab Report required (see template in doc sharing)|
|Use of methods||
|Implement all methods correctly (4 points each)|
|Use of arrays||
|Implement arrays correctly|